Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Dreams do come true

Morning world,

So to go back to my little experiment with papers, ink and colouring at the weekend, where I discovered that Versafine and Copics no longer mix. Good job I had a Memento ink pad to hand!

I find it a little odd that up until the weekend the Versafine hadn't bled when colouring but I can't deny it did, and it did it every time I stamped and coloured my images on a range of papers. No denying it's unsuitable for Copic colouring, still good though for any other stamps.

So am now a definite Memento ink for colouring in with Copics kinda gal!

Here is the first card made following the experiment. I like it mostly, but I always struggle with sentiments - either size of, place of or just which one to use - and I'm not sure the sentiment really goes with the image, but hey ho it's what I went with!


 I used:

 Image: The Greeting Farm - Anya Styles

Sentiment: Catherine Pooler - All Around Wishes

Coloured with Copics

Papers: Bo Bunny - Ambrosia and Prima - Fairy Flora

Lace and ribbon from my stuff

P.S.: For the curious among you - a quick shot of all the images I was working on, the stamp I used and my 'Copic combos' images. Ha, I never noticed until just now - the mat is soooo mucky!!  My goodness, how did that happen!! 🤣



Will be back another time with variations on the theme!

Bye for now,

Signing off,

Sarah

Challenge / s:

Always Fun Challenges: Challenge #215 - Summer (It's the colours that say Summer to me!)

Passion for Markers: Week 593 - Ribbon and/or lace. I got both! :-)

Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Tags

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Sarah, love that gorgeous paper. My word, you haven't lost your touch with the hair colouring...they are FAB!! Versafine doesn't work with Promarkers either...I have made that mistake many times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh she's a sassy one, and how pretty is this flowery paper....such a gorgeous card Sarah

    Thank you so much for joining us at PASSION FOR MARKERS

    On an inky note, I am currently using a Catherine Pooler inkpad which works beautifully with my Promarkers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Sarah. I love the greeting farm image and your colouring is awesome. I think your sentiment looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. I always use Memento with my promarkers - it's the best ink in my opinion for alcohol markers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image and card design. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah