Then probably best to look away for this post!
Morning blogland,
It's Tuesday and so time for a new challenge over at Passion for Markers challenge, this week our Teamie Sue picked the theme and she's chosen 'Lots of layers'. This weeks' sponsor is Clearly Besotted and there is a great prize on offer for one lucky, randomly chosen winner.
As always you do have to follow the rules to be in with a chance of winning the prize or being picked as a Top 5 Pasionista and those rules are : use your markers (any brand); follow the theme and don't backlink
As for the 'cat person' bit - well once you've looked at the card, I think you'll understand!
Said card:
Supplies used:
Digi stamp:
coloured with my Copics
Rubber stamp:
Taylored Expressions: Simple Strips - Meow
Dies:
Taylored Expressions: Simple Strips - Well Rounded
un-branded stitched rectangle
MFT - Die-namics: Blueprints - 1
Polkadoodles - Big Hello sentiment die set
Paper:
Dovecraft - Sugar & Spice
Anything else:
Indentz : Swirls embossing folder
sequins for the shaker
red card for matting
To be totally honest - I was more a dog person when I met 'Im Indoors but, with him being allergic to dog fur and so having always had cats as pets, I've turned into a cat/dog person.
I'd really love to have the sort of dog we had in my childhood - a wonderfully daft Golden Lab or big shaggy Alsatian or (with our wonderful Sola) an Alsatian/Irish Wolfhound mix, but every time I mention it said 'Im Indoors asks me if I really would enjoy living on my own!
Also TTT threatens to disown me if I get a dog, she's not frightened of dogs by any means but 100% prefers a cat. So I'm, by default, because of family commitments, a servant of cats.
Anyways - there's my many layered card and the story behind the meaning of the sentiment. I hope you all have as much fun with the theme as I did, and I look forward to seeing your entries.
See you soon,
Sarah
Shopping our Stash: SOS582 - Who's Who. So my stash items were the embossing folder, the die-namics dies, the patterned paper and the sequins. Although to be fair everything else must be at least 6 months old as well.
What an great shaker card! Adorable image and I love the die cut sentiment. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with the September Challenge at A Cut Above.
ReplyDeleteVicki - ACA Owner
Adorable!! Way to go shopping your stash for our Who's Who challenge!! Your cat girly fits our "person" theme over at Shopping Our Stash perfectly!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us.
ReplyDeleteDeb Horst, DT #SOS582
Fabulous shaker card and love the cute image. We always had dogs but now I prefer cats-although saying that I have to put a peg holder on my desk chair walking stick across my desk and anything delicate put of out reach every night!!! I have two elderly cats-male 13yrs-no bother-------female 15yrs next month with go on my desk and knock everything off she can-even knocked something heavy off a few days ago which hit and broke the router!!! My son has a large greyhound x collie who walks past her looking the other way or gets a paw across the head -Millie rules lol.
ReplyDeleteCarol x