Sunday, August 25, 2024

Girls rule - OK!

 Good afternoon blogland,

Again, an odd time for me to be posting, but I looked at the calendar today and realised it's (already!) nearly the end of August so I thought it was probably well past time to do my All Dressed Up Facebook Group DT challenge inspo card.

The August challenge theme is 'Girls Rule' - so basically anything girlie - and you've got until the last day of August to enter.  Now I thought to myself rather than just making it girlie, I'd make it more Girls Rule - OK! So with girlie a bit of attitude / sass / we are the best type of angle.

Hope you like how it turned out!



Supplies used:

Digital stamps:
All Dressed Up - Play day
coloured with my Copics

The sentiment was amongst a job lot brought as SVG files (even though I don't have an electronic cutting machine) because I liked the sayings from an Etsy seller

Stencil:
My Favorite Things - Wonky Dots


Anything else:
un-branded stitched rectangle dies
some bright red wood look light card
flat back pearls
Distress Inks
blending brushes

The digi image - as sold - is a full length image of the girl with her dog and she is facing the other way.  For the idea I wanted to go with I flipped the digi vertically and then chopped legs and dog off, finally making the digi much larger than I would assume was intended.  I just thought the girl on her own really suited that self-confident sentiment!  I also used the black / white / red combo, because I thought she need to come across with that 'rock chic / don't give a damn' feel to make the sentiment work,

I hope you like my girls are the best! card and please pop over to the Facebook group, if you Facebook, my Teamies cards are just lovely.  If you don't do Facebook, there's always the ADU blog - they also have a monthly challenge and lots of inspiration posts.

Hope everyone is doing well and see you again soon,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. So cute Sarah. Lovely colouring on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sarah, what a great quote!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and colouring-the sentiment is brilliant!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's full of sass, for sure!! A great card Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah