Saturday, July 20, 2024

Tag, you're it!

Good morning blogland,

It's a lovely Saturday morning here in (for once) sunny Lincolnshire, the first day of the summer school holidays, and a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' .  For the challenge this fortnight we'd like to see your stamping with a theme of 'Tags'.

Now, normally, I would have just added a tag to a card but, in the spirit of trying to stamp un-inked stamps and use smaller stamps, I went for a real, able to use, gift tag! It's ended up, with me doing that, that you've got two for the price of one! 

The logic I was using - if you're going to make a useable tag, then do something a bit more challenging than: stamp, colour, add to card.  So I decided to go with shaker tags and make my own background for the back panel of the shaker 'bit' and I was trying to mist a background over a stencil.  Four attempts later, I had two useable pieces of card. These are how they turned out:



Supplies used:

Stamps:
Time for Tea Designs: Let's Party
coloured with my Copics
Woodware: sentiments (I can't find anything on the packaging other than 'clear stamp set designed by
 Jane Gill')

Dies:
un-branded tag set
Impression Obsessions: Everyday Top Edgers

Stencil:
My Favorite Things: Sunrise Radiating Rays

Anything Else:
Cosmic Shimmer mister
sparkly stuff for the shaker
bit of twine for the tags

And that's it folks - I'm currently suffering with quite a bad head cold and am off to feel sorry for myself.

See you soon,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Sarah. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw a glimpse of sunny Dorset too, it's not lasted though rain today!! Great tags Sarah. hope you are feeling better soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah