Saturday, June 22, 2024

A little flowery today

 Morning blogland,

Well technically it's evening because I'm typing this on Friday evening to schedule it for Saturday when the challenge actually starts because I don't think I'm going to see much of my computer this weekend!

So reason for card first, then reason for no computer.  Reason for card - it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and this fortnight Team Wends has the theme of 'Flowers'.  As always this is a 'for fun' challenge and the only rules are to stamp (digital or rubber) somewhere on your creation, follow the theme and have fun!

Now I'm not really a flowers sort of person - real or stamped - I don't know what it is when I stamp flower images they just generally look 'meah' to me and other people's flowers always look so elegant.  I always wonder why I can't achieve that - maybe I need to practice!

Anyways, here the card:


Supplies Used:

Rubber stamps:
My Favorite Things - Peony Perfection
coloured with Copics

taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Friendship

Dies:
un-branded stitched rectangle die set
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: asymetrical

Anything else:
grey card for the frame
gel pens to make the spotted background (which I'm not sure you can really see anyway!)

Now for the reason I'm going to be nowhere near the computer this weekend - TTT turns 17 today - Saturday 22nd! Can hardly believe I'm the mother of a 17 year old - it makes me feel even older than when I was the mother of a one year old, or a 7 year old or a 10 year old, or even when she became a teenager!  We've a lot packed into the birthday weekend - which is why no computer time.  She's got a friend staying over from Sat morning into Sunday evening and we are: on the birthday itself going bowling; to an escape room and having home-made pizza then spending all of Sunday at Alton Towers - phew!

So here's hoping everyone else has a great weekend and, if you have time, stick in a card for the challenge - it's fun and my Teamies have made some great examples of floral cards, so much better than mine!

See you later,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. This is a little beauty Sarah I love the soft colour and the CAS design a super card
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Sarah. Your flower is just fabulous. Happy birthday to your daughter, I hope she has a lovely weekend. My niece turned 50 today.... it's made me feel ancient!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think it’s a beautiful peony card! We’re in Thorpe Culvert at the moment in our old motorhome, and just realised it’s your part of the world. We’re enjoying every minute in this peaceful area. Hope your weekend goes well! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've done well with your flower Sarah. Really pretty. Enjoy the weekend with your girl.... Suddenly she'll be 21 and then 30 and then it will be almost a 40!... time seems to go so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card and your flower looks beautiful,happy birthday to the TTT and enjoy the birthday weekend.My eldest was 54 this year!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so wrong Sarah!! You have definitely achieved an amazing floral here!! A fabulous card. I hope you have had a lovely weekend full of celebrations!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah