Sunday, March 3, 2024

A little late and very green!

Good morning blogland

I'm running even later with this post than I was with yesterday's, this was supposed to be posted yesterday, so I'll just gloss over how late I am and get on with it!

It's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' Challenge and this fortnight the theme is 'A Little Bit Irish' - now that can be interpreted as either 'make something for St. Patrick's Day' or 'use green on your project'.  As always there are no sponsors so this is a 'for fun' challenge and the only rule is that you do need to have stamping (digi or rubber) on your project somewhere.

As I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day (anymore than I celebrate any of our other Saints days) and I don't class myself as Irish - the only reason I could even be vaguely said to be Irish is that a great (-great?)-grandfather came over to England from Ireland, I went with a green as I could get!

This, then, is my green as green can be card:


Supplies used:

Rubber stamps:
Stamping Bella - Imeldabella
coloured with my Copics
taylored expressions - simple strips: birthday

Dies:
Creative Expressions - A2 Essentials: Portrait card die set
taylored expressions - simple strips: well rounded

Stencil:
Honey Bee Stamps - Hexagon Layering

Anything else:
Distress Inks
blending brush

As you can see I'm still on a mission to use my older, smaller, rubber stamps on American A2 sized cards.  This stamp is really from Stamping Bella, but the packaging is totally different to the newer stamps and I think could be 10 / 15 years old! Shows how long I've been stamping and colouring for.  If I had the time I'd see if I could dig out a card I've used it on before (that's assuming I have used it - oh, the shame!) and find out just how old it is, but I don't have the time at the minute, so that will remain a mystery.

Aaand, that's it folks - see you soon,  Oh, other than to say - go over to the challenge blog, my Teamies have created the most wonderful cards, way better than this.

Sarah



4 comments:

  1. Great monochrome card,love the image and stencilled background.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fab green card Sarah. Such an underused colour and it looks wonderful here xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this big time Sarah I think it is great that you are using older stamps most of my Tilda ones are the older 'model' they are much smaller no but still as beautiful, I think your colouring is amazing as is the stencilling ACE card
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Susan. She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah