Sunday, August 6, 2023

Inspiring.....

Good morning blogland,

Late again, and for two posts this time! I think I can't have set the 'publish on' button right - I really must check my work more thoroughly and not do things in a rush next time!

This means this post and the next are posts without waffles - even though I've been on a holiday since last we spoke. Nothing fancy - just a weeks jaunt to County Durham and Yorkshire but I did have pictures to share. That will have to wait.

Back to what should have been happening in this post.

Hello campers!

This is my inspiration post for the new challenge that started (insert correct date here!) yesteday - Saturday 5th - over at Sweet Stampin' for this fortnight the challenge theme is 'Based on a book/film/song'.  Please remember we are, at heart, a stamping challenge so there does need to be some stamping on your project (rubber or digital) but your project doesn't need to be a card.

This is my inspiration card:


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Saturated Canary - My Song
coloured with Copics

Dies:
un-branded stitched rectangle die set
Pretty Pink Posh - scallops

Anything else:
DCWV - Text Prints: the paper stack
(extremely old paper pad set)

My inspiration is from Elton Johns' Your song (link in case you're not familiar with it).  I know the song is more of a romantic one - but the sentiment on the digi was perfect - and I would imagine, if you're sending a birthday card to someone, you are happy to have them in this world!

Gotta go - another post to fix.

Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 701 - Favourite Colour Combo : Weeeelll - although I'm a bit random with colours sometimes - there are a few combos I tend to return to time and again.  I've used one here - red and black (OK with a hint of blue thrown in!) Seriously though - red and black make for a striking contrast and it is a colour combo I use a lot.

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #675 - Week 1: Stamp Act

Gem of a Challenge: Wk 16 - Anything Goes

Happy Little Stampers: August Birthday Challenge

Seize the Birthday: #266 - Birthdays or Themed 'Inspired by a book '.  It's just Birthdays for me, my card is music, not book, inspired.

7 comments:

  1. A super card. Fabulous colours and design. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous image and beautifully coloured
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahh, Your Song is my all-time favourite Elton John song! Thank you for the link! I have it playing in the background while I comment.
    Adorable image and a striking colour combo. I do love that your bold colour combo hasn't influenced your background card. Great card design. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passionn for arkers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute image set to the side with the patterned paper along the right. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Sarah. I love the image and your colouring is fantastic. I remember that paper pad and probably have some of it somewhere too! Love this song by Elton too, although he doesn't really make a bad song does he?. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! Great layout and fabulous colouring. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the thought you put into your design elements and theme. This is a wonderful birthday card!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah