Monday, August 21, 2023

Finally sharing

Hello blogland

It's all ridiculously quiet here at the moment.  We are getting ever closer to TTT's big GCSE moment, which she seems to be facing by spending longer and longer in bed! It was close to 2pm before we saw her yesterday!  Other than that, we are plodding on with life, and, to be honest, I'm almost counting down until she starts 6th Form (or whatever) so we get some sort of routine back.  I've not done my regular weights or aerobics for weeks and boy can I tell!

Anyways, while I was thinking of TTT I realised, that though I shared her Prom pictures, I never actually shared her birthday cards.  As regular readers of my waffle will know I make her two cards for birthdays and Christmases - there's only the three of us and it always seems a little sad that she has one lonely card from family for her birthday. So she gets two!

This is the one that I gave to him indoors to give to her.  The other one I'll share another day when I've not managed to make anything new, again! 

Supplies used:

Digital image:
Mo's Digital Pencil - Eliza
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamps:
'Daughter' from a very old 'relatives' set for which I no longer have the packaging, but I think was Do-crafts
Kaiser Craft - 'Today' (it's a longer sentiment I used just the 'today' from it)
Woodware - Word Fragments by Jane Gill
Autumn Leaves - Swirls v.2

Dies:
un-branded stitched rectangle set

Anything Else:
American Crafts - Thickers (for the 16)

She really liked the dress on this image - and said the card was 'OK' - I'm told that if you could buy this dress she would.  But maybe not in this colour!

So I'm off again now, got sourdough cooking and it's about time to take it out the oven.

See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 703 - Let's Celebrate

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #677 - CAS week

Di's Digi Stamps Challenge: Use a digital element (the stamp)

I love ProMarkers Challenge: #541 - Anything Goes / Lavender and Lace (well I had the Lavender but not the lace!) As you can see I love markers but I moved away from ProMarkers many years ago and am a total Copic addict! Glad to see a marker colouring challenge opening up to the markers I use. :-)


  

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Sarah. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is amazing. Love how you've managed to keep it CAS even though it's personalised. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. even though your daughter said it was 'ok' I bet that is high praise from a 16 year old lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and image-beautifully coloured-I love the colour.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Love the image and your colouring is just awesome! A great sentiment and such a beautiful and elegant card. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for your daughter Sarah, great design and a beautiful sentiment.
    Only a few more days to wait for the GCSE results, I’m sure she will have done well and then you can all relax. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Sarah, stunning image, fab colouring and lovely design.
    Only a couple more days until they get their results now, it's been a long wait- hope TTT gets the results she needs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of giving 2 cards rather than one. The image is stunning and I personally LOVE the colour! Great card design and sentiment stamp. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out gorgeous, love the color of her dress and your amazing coloring of it! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Sarah and as usual amazing colouring hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah