Saturday, January 7, 2023

Anything new

Happy New Year blogland!

I'm back after taking a deliberate Christmas / New Year break from blogging with my card for the first challenge of the new year over at Sweet Stampin' - it's not my Teams challenge, but I'm sure I joined in last year and thought why not make a new habit! So the theme this fortnight is simply New - which can be Happy New Year, new home, new baby, new job. new stash, the range is really quite wide!

I went with new stash (plus new habit!) as it's hubby's birthday on 29th December so I always get a new digi for his card.  This year it was a new digi and new stencil. Here's the card I made:


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Mo's Digital Pencil - yeehaw
coloured with my Copics

Sentiment:
Mo's Digital Pencil - Flippin Fairy

Dies:
un-branded stitched rectangle
Pretty Pink Posh - Scallop borders

Anything else:
Julie Hickey stencil - 'birthday'
blending brush
Distress Ink
Glitter

I know the image and sentiment might not look like they go together, but for me they work! I knew hubby wouldn't be keen on the image (he's trying very hard not to notice his age!) and I thought he'd probably appreciate the idea that he can stay awake and plot revenge on me for this card. :-)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year - not much to say about ours as it's just us three in our little family so it's always quiet.

Look forward to seeing your entries to the challenge and see you again soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:



5 comments:

  1. Love this- it's fabulous and really made me laugh- remember, Sarah, that revenge is sweet....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant image and sentiment-love it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sarah and great image lol hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, that's so funny!! I do hope he saw the funny side and appreciated your hard work xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, this is awesome Sarah! That image cracks me up and your card design is fabulous! Yay for a crafty New Year! Looking forward to lots more crafty SS adventures with you in 2023! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah