Saturday, July 30, 2022

really shabby!

Good morning blogland

It's Saturday and time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin', this time the theme is 'Shabby Chic / Vintage' it's not a 'go to' theme for me or my Teams' turn - I've jumped in with Team Susan - but I needed a challenge after a little dry period in the old card making area and liked the idea of the challenge to get the creative juices going. If you do decide to join in please remember that we are a stamping challenge, your project doesn't need to be card but it must have stamping on it.

This is also another scheduled post from me as it's rehearsal time in Skeg Orchestra for TTT this morning, so I'm not here to clatter away early hours.

Onto card, tell me do you think it shouts Shabby Chic or possible whispers Vintage???

Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Lili of the Valley - Romantic Rock
coloured with Copics

Rubber stamp:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Birthday

Dies:
Stitched rectangles - un-branded
taylored expressons - Simple Strips: Aysemtrical
Creative Expressions - Double Stitched Squares

Paper:
Melissa Frances - 5th Avenue

Anything else:
Distress Ink
lace
flat backed pearls

Hope you have time to pop over to the challenge and see the fabulous projects that my Teamies have made.  

Have a lovely weekend,
Sarah

Passion for Markers: Week 651 - Let's have some pink!

Try it on Tuesday: Make it Feminine

little red wagon: Challenge #664 - Stitching Sensation - my stitching is added by the die-cuts used on the image and the backing paper

Polkadoodles Challenge: Wk 30 - Anything Goes


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and colouring- just the right amount of 'shabby' - it's a lovely card Sarah.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shabby chic card I love this image( I did have this one untill computer broke and I lost all my digis!) and fabulous colouring love the lace border
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful image and card. A lovely take on shabby chic. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I especially like the colour you chose for the hair. Pretty papers too! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lace (tick), olde worlde paper (tick), pearls (tick), duffed up edges (tick) shabby chic? (definitely tick!!) A great card Sarah and that image is gorgeous. I had hair that colour around 1984...happy days!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is not shabby at all. I like that stamp. Your card is perfect for our Try It On Tuesday Feminine challenge. Thanks for joining us. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah