Thursday, March 31, 2022

Libby's Flower

Good evening Blogland,

This time I'm not limbo-ing under the finish line to join in with some challenges, I'm actually a little early! Yay, me!

I enrolled in one of Mindy Baxter's (of My Creative Scoop) on-line Copic classes a couple of weeks ago, but had only had enough time to print out the images and look at the list of markers needed.  Well today I had a free couple of hours so started the actual colouring part of the course

After a pleasant couple of hours colouring here is the finished result.  It doesn't look 100% like Mindy's as I don't have all the colours she's used - notably the fence, grass and a middle blend for the hair.  It's much softer than how I normally colour, but I love how Mindy teaches hair - the waves / folds are brilliant and much different to my normal technique - and I'm really quite happy with the overall result.

Card:


There's no real 'supplies used' list I can put here, as the image is supplied as part of the course. I've looked but can't find who drew it, although as far as I'm aware it's not available anywhere else anyway.
The image supplied is just the girl and I've drawn in the fence, grass and sky/clouds following the instructions. Then coloured with my Copics.

The additional things I used to finish my image as a card are:
unbranded stitched rectangle die
taylored expressions - simple strips sentiment and die
flat backed pearls and gems
linen effect card and brown card
Woodware corner rounder punch

My only confusion is that I cut the image panel to the sizes she gave and she also said that you might want to trim off 1/8th of an inch (I think) for it to fit the front of your card.  What size card blanks do the Americans use? That would be tiny!!! As you can see, I've added more card around the image to make up into my (almost!) now regular card blank of 5x7 top fold. I'm obviously a total country mouse as I'd no idea the Americans made such tiny cards!! Unless, of course, which is totally possible, I've got the wrong end of the stick!  I don't think that any Americans read my blog - but if any of you are American no offence intended at all, I'm just very confused as to what size cards y'all make!

Now I'm going to be very British and comment on the horrible weather we're having - it was snowing here today!  It didn't stick and turned to hail very quickly - but snow!!  After the lovely week last week - no fair, weather - no fair at all!  I'm hoping the nice weather returns for TTT's half-term holiday - two weeks off school from 1st April. I wonder if I'll get any colouring done at all!

Right I feel I've sufficiently bombarded you now. so I'm off to join in with the challenges!

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Passion for Markers: Week 634 - In the Garden (I interpreted the challenge quite literally - Libby is in the garden!)  

The Paper Shelter: Challenge #505 - Girl Power

Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #426 - Make your Mark

Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog: March Challenge - Spring Flowers

Crafty Gals Corner: Challenge #229 - Add a Flower

Dream Valley Challenges: Challenge #226 - Springtime


7 comments:

  1. I think you card turned out beautifully, Sarah. About the snow: it snowed all afternoon here in NY on Sunday. Geez! Thank you for joining in the fun on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry. Have a lovely day, and hope your weather improves
    . Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Sarah. You have done such a good job on the background! Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge for our Girl Power challenge this week, good luck! Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring Sarah, loving the background too- the clouds look great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love this image and your colouring is fab. I really love the background you've created too with the clouds and the fencing - looks fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a delight to visit your blog Sarah. I loved reading about your card and your other thoughts. I've sent a card to an American friend before, and had her show surprise at how big my card was, so I think their norm is tiny - at least half what I would use. My normal cards are A4 before folding in half, which allows lots of space for colouring and decorating.
    OK, onto yours: This image is adorable and I love the soft look of all your colouring here. Fantastic background! Your cloudy sky is so eye-catching! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Passion for Markers...hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautifully coloured and so soft, such a hard blend to get right and you have nailed it!! I think the American sizes really are quite small, less than A6 I think. We didn;t get snow but, my word, it's been mighty cold overnight for the last four days, never mind, April showers round the corner!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah