Monday, March 28, 2022

Duck, Duck, Goose, Easter

Afternoon blogworld

I'm here to join in with a few challenges with this post.  Of which some are Easter themed, I struggled with that a bit - as I'm sure you know I don't 'do' religious things. I've had a thought about how I can join in with them all without making a card which will just sit in a box forever and I think I've worked it out - for the challenges I'd like to join in with anyway.

This card, I hope, covers all bases:


Supplies used:

Digital Stamp:
Saturated Canary - Duck, Duck, Goose
coloured with my Copics (background drawn freehand)

Dies:
Un-branded stitched rectangle

Sentiment:
Created in Word and cut out then used a corner rounder punch and inked the edges.

It's Easter enough, I hope, to pass muster as a non-religious Easter card, but open enough that it can be used for other purposes.

 As an aside, I often wonder how other people manage to sell their cards and for a long time I thought it must just be my cards were under par, now I look on my hobby as art and relaxation. I don't really care any more that no-one wants the physical card! They'll get given to a charity shop at some point and hopefully be useful to raise a bit of cash.

That's probably it for now, I'm now off to exercise away the chocs I got brought yesterday by TTT for Mothering Sunday! Which, if celebrated, I hope went well for you. It's not really a big deal in our house, I'm happy that I know she appreciates me enough (even if it's not shown all the time) to not feel I have to make a big deal about one day a year!

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Passion for Markers: Week 633 - Anything Spring

Crafty Catz: #588 - Anything Goes (Optional Twist - Easter)

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite non-traditional Easter character.  I did think about dragons, but I found this stamp and loved the Goose, it's just sooo sweet! I can't make up my mind if it thinks it's a Rabbit or a chick or was looking for chocolate!

We Love Stamping: March - Anything stamped Spring

Gem of a Craft Challenge: Wk 7 - Anything Goes


13 comments:

  1. It's a really lovely card Sarah- your colouring is amazing and I'm loving the super background scenes that you're creating recently, I'm a bit scared to try anything like that!
    I used to sell loads of cards when I was working, proceeds always donated to charities, usually the local children's hospice. Nowadays a lot of them are given away to friends and family- like you it's a hobby and relaxation, not interested in selling them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I'm not into religious themed cards, including Christmas! You have worked around the Easter theme very well and made a lovely friendship card. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colouring and scene building on this sweet card, Sarah and I think you've got the balance just right - like you, I don't make too many Easter cards and I also tend not to focus on the commercial holidays either, surely it's better to celebrate family any day of the year?!

    I do sell my cards occasionally, but tend more-so to get commissions from local people for bespoke creations. I have done craft fairs and tried to sell on my blog and Etsy but unless you get the traffic, it is just so hard. Like you I enjoy the process and if I sell it afterwards, bonus!

    Thanks for playing along with our Spring challenge at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Sarah - the scene you have created and colouring is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with my 'Anything Spring' Challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Sarah. The image is so cute and your colouring is perfect. Your hand-drawn background is awesome too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully coloured card and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely image and coloured beautifully. Lovely to see you at We Love Stamping Spring challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What ever your goose thinks it is, it's beautifully coloured and you set the scene perfectly. Great to see you at AYLI Sarah. I have a box of my cards that I dip into for family and friends and, like you, donate the rest to various animal charities x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Sarah, perfect for a non-religious Easter card which can be used for other occasions.

    I used to sell cards for charity at craft fairs before Covid, but these days I either send them or give them away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goose is definitely looking for chocolate! I love the sweet little scene you've created, your coloring is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Sarah and your colouring is just fantastic..I used to sell my cards but now I just give them to charity hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I LOve your design and sentiment.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    GDT Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your entry to the As You Like It Challenge is terrific, thanks so much for sharing with us. Hugs Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah