Monday, March 21, 2022

Fancy that!

Good afternoon blogland,

Another flying by the seat of my pants post to join in with a challenge!

Card:

Supplies used:

Stamps:
Digital - Saturated Canary : Fancy
Rubber sentiment: Lili of the Valley - not named set of sentiments
colouring done with my Copics

Dies:
Pretty Pink Posh - Eyelet Borders

Anything else?
Scraps of red card and patterned paper
And done!

It's been an odd week chez Sarah - we went to a wedding reception first weekend in March, first evening we've been out with a lot of other people in nearly two years and, yes you guessed it, TTT caught Covid!

Do not panic, friendly blogland, she's been (mostly) fine!  She went to school the week after the reception with just a little sniffle, by the end of the week she was complaining of tiredness, headache and stomach pains. To be honest, as we've managed nearly two years avoiding it, I thought she was faking it a bit (swinging the lead as my Mum used to say to me when I wanted a day off school!). So she missed one day and then went back, however I was out on the Saturday and thought best we all do a test - and she only went and tested positive. The Best Dad and I, however, did not and still haven't! We've been testing for nearly a fortnight now and she stayed positive until Sat, he and I have dodged a bullet!  

All three of us have had all the jabs we are supposed to and the only difference is, as far as I can see, is that he and I didn't mingle that much at the reception, whereas she did. Oh, and we've heard from the Bride that pretty much everyone came away with an unexpected present of Covid. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that!!

Anyways, that's my exciting news, it has thrown me out of routine again, but I'm coping better this time which I put down to keeping my morning alarm going the whole week she's been off school. No lazing around until 9am for me, lay-in until 7.30 and then on with! 

And I'm off now to link up to my challenge/s.

Signing off
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:
Passion for Markers: Week 632 - birthstone inspiration (I'm an end of July baby so mine was Ruby, hence all the red!)

Allsorts challenge blog: Week 668: Feminine

Gem of a challenge: Week 6: Anything Goes

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #603 - CAS

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sarah, as always your colouring is outstanding!
    Sorry to hear TTT copped the Covid! Glad she wasn't too ill and that you escaped it! There seems to be a lot of it around again right now! Not sure I fancy any large gatherings at present but we can't lock ourselves away for ever!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring! Fabulous and lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sarah. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is amazing. I too am a July baby so loving all the red. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    We somehow managed to get the dreaded 'rona again (second time for us) and it's definitely doing the rounds again in our community too. Glad you've managed to dodge the bullet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear your wedding reception outing came with an extra bonus for some people. There seems to be a lot of it going around - thankfully, mostly mild.
    Your colouring on this image is spectacular! I love Saturated Canary images! She looks super snazzy in red. Love your clean and simple design too. Thanks for taking part at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A colourful fun girly card, many thanks for joining our Feminine theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for playing along in the Krafty Chicks challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,this is absolutely stunning! Your colouring is awesome and I love this image too - a really gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, nice coloring and awesome image, and thanks for playing our CAS challenge at Krafty Chicks this week, Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular card! Amazing colouring skills and love the colours you’ve chosen. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a stunner in her ruby red Sarah. How lucky that you and the Best Dad missed a case of Covid, we have been fortunate too and quite frankly I am sick to death of doing lateral flow tests twice a week for work!! Hope she has fully recovered now. One of my colleagues had it Christmas 2020 and still suffers with fatigue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image and colouring!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah