Saturday, February 26, 2022

No pink in sight!

Good morning blogland

It's a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' Challenge and this fortnight the theme is 'International Women's Day' - Girly but NO PINK! An interesting one! I had no idea there was an International Woman's Day so I just ran with the Girly but 'No Pink' part of the challenge.  As end of March is also Mother's Day these cards could be for the mother or mother figure in your life. As always though we are a stamping challenge so there should be stamping (digital or rubber) on your project somewhere please.

This is the card I made:


Supplies used:

Digital Image:
C.C. Designs - Cupcake Nancy
coloured with Copics
Rubber Stamp:
Taylored Expressions - Oh My Word - Birthdays

Paper:
Cosmo Cricket - Togetherness

Dies:
My Favorite Things - InsideOut Stitched Circles
Joanna Sheen - bunting
Poppy Stamps - Scalloped Stitch Frames

What I did:
Re-sized and printed the digi stamp onto Copic friendly paper, coloured in then fussy cut out.
Used the various dies to create a frame, a circle and bunting.
Cut a piece of the patterned paper to the same size as the frame die then glued it to the back.
Added the frame and paper to the 7"x5" top fold card blank.
Cut a different piece of the patterned paper in a rectangular shape and attached it near the bottom of the card blank.
Stamped on the circle and glued that on top of the papers.
Glued the bunting to the top of the card blank.
Popped on the fussy cut image with some 3d foam.
et voila, job done!

I do hope you can find time to join in with the challenge and I look forward to seeing lots of non-pink girly cards!

In Any Other Business, the craft room is coming along apace - lots of sorting and moving done, now just waiting for desk to arrive to finally arrange.  I'll post pictures soon!

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Challenge #545 - Birthdays

Seize the Birthday: #233 - Without the optional theme

Crafty Catz: #584 - Anything Goes (no optional theme used)

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Occasion (and why) Hmmmm birthdays? I seem to make a lot of cards for birthdays.  I do like birthday images as, for me, they are generally people and I can try and match some characteristic in the image I'm colouring of the person the card is going to (hair / eye colour; clothing; style; hobby) and I do like to colour people the best!

Cupcake Inspirations: #538 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, papers and colours- and, as always, fabulous colouring of your cute image. A fun and cheerful birthday card.
    Also- thanks for entering our challenges at Fab'n' Funky and Crafty Catz, so pleased you chose to join in!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, really love that cute image and great design, thanks for playing along with us at Fab’n’Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie she is but I am seriously concerned about the size of that cake, surely she can't eat all of it!!? Another lovely design Sarah. Pleased to hear the craft room is taking shape x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest card for a little girl! Absolutely adorbs! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any little girl would love this birthday card! I love how the background paper coordinate with her outfit, and the cupcake looks yummy! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, your coloring is amazing and the card design is brilliant for this fun little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coloring on this card is amazing!! Your layers are fabulous. Thank you for playing with us this week at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    Cupcake Inspirations
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that shading on her hair!
    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

    Sweta
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this Sarah! Such a cool card design, super cute image and perfect colouring! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah