Saturday, January 29, 2022

So sparkly!

Good morning, again, blogland,

I'm back, as promised!

This time I'm here because there is a new challenge for Team Wends over at Sweet Stampin' today.  The theme is 'Mardis Gras', so along with some stamping (as we are a stamping challenge) we'd like to see your sparkly, glittery, shiny makes please!

It has to be said this theme rather stumped me, as know nothing about Mardis Gras other than it's in New Orleans! After Googling Mardis Gras and having Venetian masks come up a lot, I thought I'd try and find something to do with Venetian masks - well that drew a big blank! Then I had a dig through my digis and stamps and found this image in my very old rubber stamps. I thought she looked like she might well join in a parade and that I could sparkle the image up a bit.

This is what I ended up making:


2nd picture - trying to show you the glitter:


The papers are lovely and glittery in real-life as well but it really hasn't shown up in the photos - although I think the glitter on her feathers seems to be there.

Supplies used:
Rubber stamps:
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Vivienne
coloured with my Copics
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips : Well Rounded

Dies:
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection : Double stitched squares
My Favorite Things - Stitched rectangle stax
Poppy Stamps - Scalloped Stitch Frames
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips : Well rounded

Anything else?
First Edition Paper - New Bloom
Hobby House - Rhinestones
Martha Stewart - Essential colours glitter set

What I did
Stamped the image onto Copic friendly paper and fussy cut her out.
Then added glue to her headpiece and shook glitter over it.
Die cut out a piece of linen card with the MFT die, then a piece of cream card with the Poppy Stamps frames die.
Stamped and die-cut out the sentiment.
Used the Creative Expressions die to cut out a piece of patterned paper and stuck it to the 5x5 card blank.
Trimmed a panel from a different piece of patterned paper from the pack and glued it to the already glued down paper.
Glued the linen card rectangle to these papers and then attached the image with 3d foam.
Took the double stitched frame, popped it onto 3d foam and stuck it to the linen rectangle.
Also popped the sentiment onto 3d foam and stuck it onto the patterned paper and stitched frame.
Finally added some rhinestones to the corner of the linen card.
Phew!
et voila, job done!

Right well, I think I'm probably all done for today - other than to say, why not pop over to Sweet Stampin' and have a look at the wonderful cards my Teamies have created and then link up your own creation - it'll be fun!

See you sooner than you'd think,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Gem of a Craft Challenge: Challenge 3 - Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Craft Challenge: Week 5 - Anything Goes

Cardz 4 Galz: #165 - Make it Sparkle



9 comments:

  1. Love your stamp Sarah- she's definitely up for a parade sporting those fabulous sparkly feathers! Great layout and papers too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image and she looks good in a frame. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab stamp Sarah and gorgeous sparkling feathers too hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sarah, your fabulous stamp is perfect for Mardis Gras. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She definitely looks ready for Mardi Gras. A fabulous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I love the papers and the image and your coloring. thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card. Great image and layout. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fun card. Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a glamour touch for your card.
    Thanks for sharing it at Polkadoodles and hope to see you again soon.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah