Monday, January 31, 2022

And finally....

For my little run of cards

Good evening blogland

I'm writing this post much later than I was expecting - been an upside down sort of day.  TTT got her Covid booster at school during last week and, as happened last time, she has now got cold symptoms and didn't feel well enough to go to school today.  As part of feeling unwell she also slept very poorly - so guess who was up at 2.30am getting her an Ibuprofen and glass of milk and then who couldn't get back to sleep properly themselves.  Oh yes, that would be me!

Of course that meant I slept in (as did she) and so today was very lazy day.  I didn't even get to my gym this morning - very bad! That's something, as well as colouring, that soothes the soul. Anyways, she's much better this evening and tomorrow is another day which will, hopefully, be back to normal.

Now onto final card of this little flurry:

Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
SheepSki Designs - Goth Girl (image number - 167)
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
Taylored Expresssion - Simple Strips : Birthday

Dies:
Taylored Expression - Simple Strips : Well Rounded
Un-branded rectangle stitched die set
un-branded stitched tag set

Anything else?
Glitz paper pack - Pretty in Pink
I don't know what they are called (or where I got them as they are so old!) some moulded paper dots
black card
white gel pen

What I did:
Re-sized, printed then coloured in the digital stamp with my Copics and fussy cut out.
Used the rectangle stitched die set to cut base black matt and base patterned paper, then glued them together and to the card base.
Used the tag dies to cut a black matt and piece of patterned paper, glued them together and them as the next layer.
Cut more patterned paper and black card, layered it up and glued that as the next layer.
Realised the edges of that layer were hanging off the card and chopped them off!
Added the 3d paper dots and sentiment on 3d foam as the next layer.
Finally popped the image onto 3d foam and she went on the very top layer.
et voila, job done!

So today, other than feeling tired, I've been mostly looking at what is worn in Iceland on a walking holiday in September.  TTT is going on a school expedition for her Geography GCSE in September and I'm researching it!  Mostly I was wishing I could go as I'd love to see the Northern Lights!  But this is more of a fact finding exercise to see what a teenager who reckons she doesn't feel the cold can get away with wearing as an absolute minimum of layers. On-going project!!

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Fab'n'Funky Challenges: Challenge #543 - 2 or more patterned papers

The Paper Players: PPP576 - Tic-Tac-Toe (mine is a diagonal line : die-cut - flower - birthday  (assuming flower is ok on the paper)).
Crafty Catz: challenge #580 - Anything Goes (optional twist - flowers). I did attempt the twist - flowers on the patterned papers.





6 comments:

  1. Super card Sarah, your colouring is just amazing! Hope TTT is feeling much better today and you both had a better night’s sleep. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sarah great colouring as always and hope TTT is a lot better today hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with a super image and design, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Sarah, beautifully coloured and the patterned papers are fantastic. I had a rough night too, naughty dog banging on the utility room door meant several trips downstairs...nothing wrong, just wanted attention while his brother stayed in his bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your young lady is beautifully coloured and I love the mix of patterned papers, especially the stripes. Thanks for playing TicTacToe with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun birthday card..so cute! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players, so happy you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah