Monday, January 10, 2022

Fantabulous friend!

 Good evening blogland,

I know, not the usual time for me to post, but I really wanted to join in with the first challenge of the year from Passion for Markers so I've put non-crafting life on-hold this afternoon and spent time crafting instead. How lazy is that!

Not much has happened since my last post, so I'm not going to waffle on loads - the main thing in our lives right now is TTT's got tests this week and next at school.  Not GCSE's - she's still only Yr10 - these are exams that her school does every other year at the beginning of a year (calendar not academic) to check how they are doing and make sure every thing they've been taught has actually landed. TTT feels fairly confident about them, her dad and I are not so sure - considering the tiny bit of revision it feels like she's done! We will wait and see who turns out to be right.  If it's TTT - the adults are in for a bumpy ride as she will be even more super confident that she's perfect than she already is! Teenagers - sigh!

Anyways - card! Can you see I'm playing around with the lightbox I got for Christmas? Trying to make my pictures look more 'professional' or 'Instagram-able' maybe.  Or just maybe I'm heading down a dead end and should go back to simple pictures - no idea, but it's fun playing about!

Supplies used:

Digital Stamp:
Lili of the Valley - Jasmine Music
coloured with Copics (can you see the hint!?)

Rubber stamp:
Whimsy Stamps - Fantabulous

Anything else?
Distress Inks and Oxides for the background
Un-branded stitched rectangle die for the matt.

What I did:
Re-sized and printed out, on Copic friendly paper, the digi stamp. 
Coloured in with Copics and fussy cut it out.
Die-cut out a panel from my usual Copic friendly paper and inked with the Distress Inks and Oxides to create a background.
Stamped the sentiment.
Added 3d foam to the back of the image and attached to the panel.
Added 3d foam to the back of the panel and attached to the card base.
et voila, job done!

I suppose I should say the only other thing I did was add some white gel pen and Copic fineliner to her eyes as she looked quite moody to me - but I think I mucked it up so (shhhhhh!) I'm keeping that quiet!!! :-)

Be back soon,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 622 - January blues

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC332 - All Things Feminine


5 comments:

  1. Stunning card Sarah. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Great ink blending too. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card. Beautiful blues and colouring. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sarah love the colours you've used and they have blended lovely and you're great at colouring too! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Sarah, lovely colouring and the inky background balances the card brilliantly. I can't tell you how glad I am that the terrible teen days are over for us, although twenty something lads still think they are the first generation to have ever "lived"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah