Friday, October 29, 2021

Last minute!

Evening Blogworld

This is going to be a super fast post, so minimal chit-chat or waffle as I've only got a short while until the challenge I want to join in with closes.

I really do like Clean and Simple, even like One Layer Cards - see them as a challenge - but I really think I need a long look at an alternative range of stamps for these cards. My normal 'character stamp and colour with Copics' really doesn't work.

I'm now on a hunt for more 'artsy' stamps that can be used with different colour ink pads.  Any suggestions?

In the meantime - card:


Supplies used:

Rubber stamps:
Catherine Pooler - Note of Thanks
HunkyDory - For the Love of Stamps (for the leaves)

Everything else:
Distress Ink
Pear colour ink pad
Versamark ink pad

What I did:
Made a DL (slimline) card base.
Masked off a strip along the centre and stamped some leaves with the pear ink pad around and over the mask.
Blended Distress Ink over the stamps and mask.
Took off the mask and stamped the sentiment, using a Versamark black ink pad, in the gap created.

et voila, job done.

Liked the technique, liked the look but next time I'd make more of the leaves by using bigger stamps and different colours of ink pad.  For now, it's a start.

I will be back tomorrow.

Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Less is More Challenge: Challenge #454 - OLC - Autumnal

4 comments:

  1. One of my go-to fave layouts! Love the blending against the sharp edges and this looks great on a slimline card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB design and make - perfect for the challenge at LIM

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big admirer of one layer CAS cards Sarah- I think they're difficult to do well (so I don't make them very often!) - you've done a fabulous job with this one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah