Saturday, July 10, 2021

Some exciting news!

 Good morning blogworld,

As you can see this isn't my now usual Friday morning post - it's Saturday.  The reason it's a day delayed is because I've been invited onto Sweet Stampin's Challenge as a Design Team member! I'm well chuffed!

I'm not sure though, do I class myself as a newbie or an oldie or a returning oldie? I used to be on the DT many moons ago, on my other blog, and it's so nice to be asked back again.

Sweet Stampin' Challenge


I'd made a card ready to join in with the 'Unusual hair colour' challenge and so that's become my first DT contribution.

As much as I love 'colouring in' I sometimes think that my images could be made more interesting with backgrounds and I'm in awe of the people who can create whole scenes around their images - so I thought why not give it a go!  Also, I'd printed this image out quite large (another thing I fancied trying!) and then realised she was supposed to be sitting on something and I had nothing to sit her on.

This is what we ended up with - I used the skills learned from Kit and Clowder classes to draw the sky and then winged it with the wall!  I drew in oblong boxes in pencil, went over them with a fine liner and then coloured in.

I was so nervous / strained by the end of it, that all I did was find something to mount the image on and used a die for a sentiment then went and had a lie down in a darkened room! Still I'm quite pleased with the end result, apart from the sentiment!  I've always struggled finding the right sentiment - I've got loads of stamps and nothing really seems to go properly with the finished images. Any suggestions anyone for a good range of sentiments?


I used:

Digi stamp:
C.C. Designs - Bouquet Birgitta
coloured with Copics

Dies:
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection: double stitched rectangles
Lawn Fawn - 'hello'

Anything else:
Sparkly card

One final thing, does anyone want me to start listing the Copics I use?  I've no idea if these meandering posts are being read - but if it helps I'll make an effort to start listing colours.

So final, final thing - thanks for asking me back onto the Sweeties and look forward to sharing my makes.

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 27 - Anything Goes

As You Like It: Favourite way to add stitching - well, as you can see it's dies, dies, dies! I used to try either hand sewing or piercing (to make it look like stitching)  but now dies have been invented - it's dies all the way!!

Aud Sentiments Challenge blog: #278 Fairy Magic + a sentiment


6 comments:

  1. Well done on returning to Sweet Stampin DT and your lovely scene. It worked out beautifully. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Am so pleased you've come back. And this is an awesome way to start. I don't list the colours I use although I actually do find it helpful to see it but I can never remember what I actually used!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sarah- love your colouring and the wall and sky look fantastic! So pleased you are back on the team!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sarah and your design is fantastic...I'm a follower! hugs and welcome back xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Awesome coloring and love the girls hair color and your coloring of the scene. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Colour crazy craft challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah