Saturday, July 31, 2021

It's Sweetie Time!

Hello blogworld,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Can you believe it's already time for another challenge over at Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog! This time it's Team Wendy's turn, so I'm officially taking part, and the theme is Gingham / Plaid. 

We'd like to see a sea of gingham or plaid papers / patterns / stamps / used in images - anything you can think of to do with gingham or plaid. For me this was a proper challenge, I've no idea why but I really struggle to know what to do with gingham. You'd think I'd just use it like any other patterned paper, but I have a real block!

I eventually gave up and went really simple - this is the result:

My card:


Supplies:

Stamp (rubber):
Stamping Bella - Uptown Girl Lucille sends her love
coloured with Copics and a white pen for the polka dots

Dies:
Die-versions Whispers Torn Notebook Edge

Anything else:
Gingham paper
'moments' 3d embellishment

What I did:
Stamped the image onto marker friendly paper, coloured it with my Copics and added polka dots with a white artists pen.
Cut the coloured image out to form a large panel then die-cut the edge detail on that panel.
Cut a panel of gingham paper to fit onto my 6x6" card blank, mounted the image onto that panel and then mounted all that onto the front of the card.
Affixed the embellishment onto the top right hand side.
et voila!

Why not pop over and see what my very talented teamies have made - they are much more talented with gingham and plaid than I am! You never know, you might even fancy joining in too and I'd look forward to seeing your creation!

Still hoping to get a bit more crafting and blogging 'me' time in the near future, but who knows! This weekend is very busy is as TTT has become a local Carnival Princess and the handover from the current Carnival Queen to the new Queen and entourage is Saturday.  It involves a ceremony, turning lights on and setting off fireworks! If I can get pictures I will and post them up here.

Signing off now, 
See you soon,
Sarah 

Challenge / s:

Polkadoodles Craft Challenge: Wk 31 - Anything Goes

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 30 - Anything Goes

Cardz 4 Galz: Challenge #152 - Dies and/or Punches



9 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous card Sarah, a lovely clean design, your stamped image is lovely- perfectly coloured as always. The gingham looks super- have no idea what your problem is!!!
    Hope TTT enjoys her time in the spotlight- looking forward to the photos!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sarah. Beautifully coloured ....love the polka dots. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sarah your colouring is fab! Hope TTT has a great time hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous Sarah, your colouring is amazing.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sarah. Your colouring is amazing, love her polka dotty dress.

    TTT is a carnival princess? Oh my goodness, now you really have to start obeying her ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you, embracing the gingham and what a great job too!! Fab colouring of that lovely image. Hope the evening went well. Looking forward to seeing the pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card ! thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge this week, Nelly dt x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring! Really beautiful card!

    Jill
    Tiny Treasure Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is over the top! I love how you grounded her with a deep rich dark tone. Very unique. Very cute! Thanks for joining us on Polkadoodles Crafting! Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah