Tuesday, May 18, 2021

I like to experiment...

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Hello world,

Extra post here for you all! In celebration of new followers - hello new followers, here's a happy welcome wave for you - and because I do like to experiment.

I always used to have a liking for making very CAS (Clean and Simple) cards, but you do have to be so precise with them as all flaws are on show as there's nowhere to hide! I have a tendency to be a bit slap dash and I can't do straight lines (almost called my blog something witty along the lines of my tendency to go wonky but couldn't think of a good name), so I don't do them as often as I'd like.  I sort of morph characters, paper and embellishments into my kind of CAS.

However, having said all that, today I felt in a very CAS mode and this is the result:


I can't give you anymore supplies than I used my Copics to colour in the ladybirds and a Spellbinders oval die to cut out the sentiment as the stamps (from one sheet) didn't have any details on them.  I'm guessing it was a freebie with a mag, back when I brought magazines and so I've no idea about them at all.  I can tell you I stamped the ladybug out three times onto Joanna Sheen's white stamping paper, made my own DL card base and used a spare bit of card to stamp the sentiment onto. That's all folks! 

My second experiment, trying to not have to list a load of Copics everytime I colour, so wondering about finishing off a post with a 'these are the Copics I used' picture. Whad'ya think? Yay or nay? Realise ciaos' don't have their numbers visible (they are: Y17, 15 and11: R27 and 22) but it works for Sketch, I think anyway.

So properly signing off now,

See you tomorrow on 'normal' card day!

Sarah

Challenge / s:

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #197 : Codeword BUGS

 CASology - Week 390: Outside


4 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a freebie stamp set Sarah, I have it in my very own stash!! I gave up buying magazines when the quality of the freebies went downhill!! A great CAS card, love how you've done the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you are doing a great job of of getting back into CAS! I really like how you have placed the sentiment and the images-perfect for CAS and the colouring is super. So pleased to see you at CASology x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this freebie set too. Its a Pink Petticoat one :) Your CAS make is super, what a fab card, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bugs! Thank you for sharing them with us at Addicted to CAS. xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah