Thursday, April 29, 2021

A present for you

 Good morning world,

Hmmm, a mixed bag this morning.  Went to bed too late for these old bones and so this morning it's been a bit hit and miss so far due to wandering around only half awake!

Definitely hit and miss with cards at the moment.  Today's card I mostly liked, but was a begger to take a pic of. I saw a 'no squares' challenge at my old stomping ground Sweet Stampin' Challenge and decided to give it a go with an easel card.  Been so long, I had to dig out an old card to use as a template as I couldn't remember how to make them.


Front view:


Side on:

Close up of image:


I used:
Image -  Stamping Bella - Posh has a present stamp (which I probably got from Dies to Die For (as I was a big shopper there back in the day) but am not sure).

Coloured with Copics - as always. A little bit of stickles glitter glue on the bag as well.

Sentiment -  Lili of the Valley - mine is a clear stamp not a digi.  Looks like they don't do rubber at all anymore.  Am well out of  the loop!

Dies - Go-Kreate for the card shape and Impression Obsession for the bows.

Everything else came from very old supplies.

Now to go off piste.  In addition to making cards I bake - my specialities being cakes, cookies, pastries and bread.  So, before 10am, I've already re-heated a choc au pain (for TTT's breakfast) and made a couple of sourdough loaves but, because of the aforesaid brain fog, the first one went in the oven on a cold baking stone - not a good idea - at too high a temperature and had to be scraped off the stone at end of time. The second loaf I wasn't sure about at all, as it's an experimental recipe and I'm not sure it worked.

Photographic evidence:


Proof is in the eating - as the saying goes!  I will report back in due course.

Have the best day you can, everyone.
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Sweet Stampin' - No squares
Passion for Markers - Week 589 - Sentimental

4 comments:

  1. A lovely looking card with a sweet image. Thanks for joining us over at PFM.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make Sarah! Love the design and yellow/black combo! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sarah. Sweet image and great colours. Your bread looks delish. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah