Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Like buses....

 things come in three's don't they?

Good morning blogland,

And the reason for this rambling? It's because it's Tuesday and time for a new challenge over at Passion for Markers.  This week the theme has been set by our lovely Teamie Lorraine and now it's where the three thing comes from, she would like to see a project made where you use 'three of something'.  

As always our normal rules apply - you must use your markers (any brand); follow the theme and no backlinking. 

For this challenge we are sponsored by All Dressed Up stamps and there is a lovely prize for one lucky winner drawn at random.  Now ordinarily I would be saying that ADU also let the the Design Team use a digi - which did happen - but! I'm on the DT for ADU so I used one of the digis that I already own and, here's where the but comes in, it's no longer in the shop!!

There are, however, many other lovely images you can buy and then do a similar thing with that I've done.  Take a look at the card and I'll explain:


Supplies used:
Digital stamp:
All Dressed Up: Pool Ready
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
Concord & 9TH : Fashion Shoppe stamp set

Dies:
Catherine Pooler : fabulous
un-branded stitched rectangle

Anything else:
another rectangular die to make the 3 line corner doodles
red self-adhesive gems
Copic fineliner

So, the digi, I took the whole image which is a full length stamp of a girl ready for the pool with tote bag and then zoomed in on the upper body.  I then cropped it when I was happy with the image I'd created and then spun it but then spun it back again once I decided on placement.  I then just printed, cut and coloured as normal. Oh and for added ingenuity - the stamp I used actually has the word 'fabulous' but I masked it and added 'fabulous' as a die-cut instead.

Now there are a few digis that you can do this with if you go have a wander around the etsy shop - Play Day; any one of the girls in Winter Walks; Love to Dance or Beret Girl, to name just a few.

I suppose you could say this is the perfect example of a 'Design Team' card - the actual stamp isn't currently for sale, but the idea is a spring board.

I really am very curious to see what you will all come up with!

See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

We Love Stamping: July 26 - Summertime or AG

Crafty Catz: #718 - AG

Just Add Ink: #790 - Dies and/or Stencils - as you can see no stencils but I have used 2 dies (or three if you count that I used a die to create the corner lines)



Tic Tac Toe: no:297 - Middle Row: Any colour / free / sentiment



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah