Monday, June 5, 2023

All square here

Morning blogland

We are in the home straight of GCSE's at Chez Sarah now! TTT is in school today for two exams but she is also officially on 'study leave' which I don't remember being a thing from my days at school. Maybe it's such a long time ago I just can't remember! Basically 'study leave' means she only has to go in when there is an exam on. Not a problem - she says!

So for today she's in all day as she has English and French exams, but then she's in and out like a Jack-in-the-box! Half day here, not in there, full day other days - we've got her exam schedule up on the wall to keep track of who needs to be where to pick her up when for the next fortnight!

Phew, well after that little ramble, moving onto more interesting stuff - I made a card, which wasn't a DT inspiration! It was for an actual real person and was delivered yesterday. 


 not sure my photographic skills were good enough to pick up the sparkly dots I put on her dress - so here's her close-up.


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Mo's Digital Pencil - Zelda
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
taylored expressions - 'It's your day'

Dies:
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection: Stitched Squares
Spellbinders - squares / scalloped square
Whimsy Stamps - OMG! word die set
un-branded alphabet set

Anything else:
Allsorts paper pad
mixed up beads/glitter/brads (for the shaker part of the card)
acetate
red card

Hopefully I'm going to be getting more time and inclination to be going into my craft room soon - I do feel like it's been mildly neglected for probably the last 6 months or so!

That's it from me folks,
Hope everyone is well,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers - Week 692: make it square

Krafty Chicks Challenge - #666: week 1 (stamp act)

As You Like It Challenge - Favourite: Pastels or Brights. I think you might guess from this card (and a quick look back at previous cards) I go for Brights.  Pastels are not really my thing, I do dabble occasionally, but I always return to Bright colours.




10 comments:

  1. Awesome card, love the way you colored it. Sure to be a hit for a 16 year old! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shaker card love the image and colour combination
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shaker card Sarah. I love the funky image (perfect for a 16 year old) and your colouring is fantastic as always. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Sarah! Your colouring of that pretty Mo Manning image is just perfect and the black and red colour combo is so striking. Great shaker element too...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning combo Sarah and perfect for us at AYLI. A wonderful design, the OMG is fab!! I don't remember study leave either it must be a "modern" thing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card and fabulous colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! love everything about this Sarah, the design, shaker, image colouring -all fabulous!
    Not long to go now before the exams are over- then time for the kids to relax, recharge their batteries and enjoy the summer before moving on to the next stage - I know my granddaughter has so many plans for the next few weeks- and she totally deserves to enjoy herself after all the hard work. I'm sure it's the same for TTT!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sarah it's totally fabulous!!!! I remember my exam days very well ahemmmm...we did get study time but it was in the library at school LOL so no time off. Will be all over in a flash and then you can all enjoy the summer break lots of hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you turned this into a shaker - very cute! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card!!! As guest designer at KRAFTY CHICKS for the month of June I thank you so much for participating in the challenge!!! I enjoyed visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah