Friday, March 24, 2023

Feeling my age a little

 Good morning blogland,

Well, this is a sort of 'hen's teeth' post - a card that I made for a person rather than a challenge! It's also the reason I'm starting to feel old. It's birthday season, yet again, for TTT and friends and this is the card I made for one of said friends. 

It's the first birthday in her group who are all going to turn 16 this year. Which means, and this is what makes me feel even older, TTT is going to be 16 in June.  How old does that make me! Sigh A 'geriatric' mother from the outset!

We are in the whole preparing for GCSE's thing at the minute - early nights, revision, practice papers. TTT does appear to be 90% calm about it all and has good predicted grades, mostly 7s and 8s with a couple of 9s thrown in - with the odd 10% flare of temper.   Our biggest problem appears to be getting her to wake up on time to be on the bus, but on the whole going well. So fingers are crossed for after the Easter break when the exams start in earnest.

So I think that's enough waffle - here's the card:


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
All Dressed Up - Love my iPad (I can't find it in the shop to link - sorry!)
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamps:
Sentiment:
Whimsy Stamps - You're my Always ('today')
taylored expressions : simple strips - birthday

Dies:
taylored expressions : Simple Strips - asymmetrical

Papers:
DCWV - Glitter Stack
allsorts

Anything else:
Bit of ribbon
flatback gems
American Crafts thickers (for the numbers)

Aaaand, done! 

Sarah

Passion for Markers - Week 682 - Birthday cards

Krafty Chicks Challenge - #656 - All Occasions

Fab 'n' Funky - #569 - Lots of layers

As You Like It - Favourite People or Critters. To be perfectly truthful I really just like colouring, so I'd happily colour people or critters but (and it's a big but!!) I do tend to people.  I will admit I'm odd because I love colouring hair and clothes! Weirdo, I know! ;-)

7 comments:

  1. A perfect card for a teenager. Grand colours and design. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sarah, great choice of image, beautiful colouring (of course!) lovely design. YOU feel old!!?? You're just a baby! My granddaughter will be 16 in a couple of weeks- so how old does that make me! Like TTT she's in the thick of GCSE preparations at the moment and working so hard. I'll be glad for her when it's all over and she can enjoy being 16 and have some time for herself again- but probably not as glad as she'll be!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and image,great colouring and design-our eldest Grandaughter will be 16yrs in May too.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek, I've 'gone back to school', and my exams start next week, but your babe seems to feeling a lot more confident than I do. Love your card for her friend. Super paper. One of my favourite 'oldies'. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab card for a 16 year old. The image is just perfect and your colouring is amazing as always. Love the layout you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are a bit bonkers to love colouring hair but you are really good at it!! A lovely card for a 16 year old and perfect for us at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card, thanks for joining us an FnF :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah