Monday, January 24, 2022

Trying something new

Absence and the heart growing fonder and all that stuff!

Good afternoon blogland,

Another absence on my behalf - again no real reason (other than busy with DT cards that I can't show yet!) but here I am now and this week I'll be here a lot more!

I felt like trying something new after all my 'work' cards were done and decided that new was no-lines colouring. I'd brought an 'Ink on 3 'Fade-out'' no line colouring ink-pad way back when I went to a craft fair last year that I'd not used, today I decided that had to change! Now I've admired no-line colouring since it was a 'new thing' way back when but not had the gumption to give it a go - today I decided to be brave and go for it.

I don't like my colouring of the rose, but other than that - wow! Love the soft almost water-coloured look that the ink disappearing gives, so pretty! I can imagine that it will be very difficult to colour more detailed stamps, but for a first go, and this stamp, I'm well impressed.

As an aside, to get the same 'no-lines' look with a digi stamp - do y'all just print the image fainter? Or is there a trick I'm missing?

I'm still getting used to the new light box - adjusting colour hue and brightness, sure I'll get there in the end!

And, so, card:

Supplies used:

Rubber stamps:
Stamping Bella - Bundle Girl with a Rose (image)
coloured with my Copics
Catherine Pooler - Note of Thanks Stamp Set (sentiment)

Dies:
Go-kreate - Frilly Frame No 2 set

Anything else?
Random scrap of patterned paper
300gsm white card - to make card base
HobbyHouse - Rhinestones

What I did:

Cut the white card with one of the dies in the set to create the card base.
Stamped the image with 'fade out' ink onto Copic friendly paper and die-cut it out, from the same set of dies - and coloured it in with my Copics.
Stamped the sentiment on the cut and coloured panel.
Die-cut out patterned paper with another die from the same set.
Glued the image to the paper and the paper to the card base, then attached some rhinestones.

et voila - job done!

Not sure if I'll get back to the blog midweek but will definitely be here end of the week - watch out for me!!

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 624 - use a die

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC333 - All About Occasions

Crafty Catz: #579 - Anything Goes

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Colouring Medium (and why) Ooooh now I wonder what do I like colouring with most????  Hmmmm, could it be, maybe, perhaps, possibly - Copics!!!! I love how they blend, love the colour range and the colouring system (colour groups, hues and intensity). Second choice would always be Prismacolor Pencils - but they rarely get a look in these days.

7 comments:

  1. I think you nailed the 'no line colouring, big time! Thanks for joining in with my theme at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous no line colouring with your copics..gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, such a sweet image. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully done. Awesome colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and thanks for sharing at Crafty catz hope to see you linking up again in our new Anything Goes challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a definite WOW!! Amazing no lines colouring and it's lovely to see you at AYLI x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, love your card, Sarah! Lovely image and I love your colouring. Beautiful colours! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah