Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Not Monday

Morning Blogland,

Nope - it's Tuesday! Thought I'd give you a day off from my chit-chat, but I still do have a card to get into a couple of challenges so I'm here but I'll keep it short (a real accomplishment for me!).

Not much has happened since Sunday - other than TTT is back at school and so life is falling back into it's school day routine.  She's off on the bus, I've got a sourdough loaf just out of the oven, then it's a bit of stretching, James Bond film this pm and a jog with a friend this evening.  Ahhh, life is back in it's normal curve!

So no more chit-chat - onto card:


Supplies used|:

Rubber stamps:
Un-named ages old Papermania wooden backed rubber stamp for the robot
Catherine Pooler - Happy Birthday Many Ways for the sentiment

Anything else:
Pretty Pink Posh - Polka Dots Stencil
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink : black soot
Versamark black ink
Linen card
Copic Fineliner

What I did:
Stamped and cut out the robot.
Cut out a panel of linen card to fit my card blank, then inked through the stencil with Distress Ink to get the pattern.
Stamped the sentiment in the corner and attached the panel to the card base.
Popped the image on 3d foam and attached it to the panel.
Looked at the card for a bit and decided it might be too plain so doodled around the edge. Now I'm not so sure!

Hmmmm, job done, but do I like it? Not sure!

I might just do this one again and see if I can re-arrange it a bit to look better to me.  Which would either be something to do with the stencil or the doodling.  Maybe another layer, don't know, but something just doesn't look right.

Anyhooo, moving on! Time to get on with my exercise - stretching today, in readiness for my jog this evening.  Doing rather well with that, even if it is blowing my own trumpet, me and the friend that I jog with are up to just under 7km in just under the hour.

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

The Male Room: Challenge #155 - Black & White


7 comments:

  1. I really like this card! The robot is fabulous and I like how you did the polka dot stencil. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous b&w and manly card. Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, love the robot image and the dotted corner. Thank you for joining The Male Room Black and White -challenge, I hope you'll join our new Gnomes -challenge also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks fine to me Sarah, a great design for a fella x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Sarah you are so creative hugs Sue d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Hats off to you for your fitness routine! I love your card, and I can't pick up what's 'not quite right' for you. It's such a fun card, and perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful black & white project.
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room. I hope you will play along again.
    Majda, DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah