Wednesday, August 11, 2021

It's deja vu

 Hello blogworld,

Goodness this takes me back - that feeling of it's the school summer holidays and I've got no time for me!! I seem to remember this happening every year last time I had a blog and was making cards.  

Certainly one thing never changes - doesn't matter if daughter is SWMbO ('She Who Must be Obeyed' for the new followers) or morphed into TTT (The Troublesome Teen) - she has a better social life than I do. I won't list all the things we've done this week, suffice it to say 95% of them were for her and the rest of the week into the weekend is the same!

So this card, is one pulled out of the 'not blogged' pile - otherwise you wouldn't see me this week.

And, breathe, and card:



Supplies:
Stamp (rubber): 
C.C Designs - Kiki la Rue / Cupcake Kiki
coloured with my Copics

Die:
C.C. Designs - Cupcake Cutie

Anything else:
Anna Marie Designs - striped paper


Also, for anyone who still thinks I popped into the world a fully fledged card maker - I didn't. I've been making cards (with a small 7 year break!) since the early 2000's (showing my age here) and this is proof of how practice, and practice, and practice really does improve your skills.

A comparison of the same image coloured 10 years apart - I made the card on the left for a birthday invite for my daughter's 4th birthday. Different pens it has to be said - ProMarkers not Copics  - but basically lots of practice on my part. Plus lots of YouTube tutorials, peering at photos of what other people have done and a course or two over at Kit and Clowder - add it up and my skills have improved.  I'm nowhere near perfect but I've come a long way.


So bye for now, I will be back - just not as regularly for a few weeks.  Ha. Just thought, I bet you're all glad of the break from my waffle!! No offence taken if you are! ;-)

Signing off,
Sarah 

Challenge / s:

The Cutie Pie Challenge: #162 - Girls, Girls, Girls


Digi Choosday Challenge: Week 32 - Anything Goes

Retro Rubber Challenge Blog: Challenge 164 - Anything Goes.  The stamp doesn't have a date on it - but as you can see from the post I was using it in 2011 - so it's at least 10 years old! Hope that is old enough to count :-)


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sarah. The lovely image is beautifully coloured. It made me smile reading the first part of your post, brought back a few memories. 😉 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the life of a mother of a teen....so happy you got a wee bit of stamping time for yourself! I am impressed with that diecut sentiment! AND your coloring! And so happy you shared it with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life sounds a bit like my daughter's Sarah- only she has 2 daughters social lives to cater for! When they were small they did most things together but that's all changed now that Liv is in her teens and they both have different friends and interests.
    Your card is gorgeous, the clean design is a great showcase for your amazing colouring- practice does make perfect!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sound like my daughter's life with her two Sons Sarah lol one loves rugby the other football and they both do karate (take after me lol I did it for 23 years) those were the days when I could get my leg head high hahaha...gorgeous card hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cute card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pie. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, really simple effective layout too. Fab colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous card Sarah, super cute and beautifully done. It's fun to look at how you used the same image...I do that sometimes and marvel at how detailled and intricate my cards were back in the day. I don't use quite as much "stuff" now as I did then. Lovely to see you visiting us xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah